is this normal

i have a girl that she is almost 5 years and she has underarm bad sweat is this normal have anyone seen a case like that ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• No its not normal for a little girl that young to sweat alot like that. I have a girlfriend who also has a daughter and when she was 7 she started to sweat a lot. The brought her into the doctors office and the docs did some tests. They then found out that she was diabetic. The doctors told my friend and her hubby that when children sweat profusely it is a symptom of something going on in her system. {I can't remember what type diabetes she has off hand. Her daughter is now 15 and the diabetes is pretty much under control with insulin.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 4:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• she is not sweating a lot but her sweat has a bas smell the underarm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I still would take her in to figure out whats going on. I have never heard of a little girl having bad BO. In fact the same for a boy. Is it musty smelling?
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 4:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• MY DAUGHTER DID SWEAT ALSO AT THAT AGE AND DOESN'T HAVE DIABETES MY DOCTOR SAID SOME KIDS JUST SWEAT MORE THAN OTHERS IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL I THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE HORMONES IN OUR FOOD !! BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL YOUR DOCTOR BUT I THINK SHE IS OK ! IS SHE A NORMAL SIZE CHILD IF SHE IS A LITTLE BIGGER THAN THAT IS ALSO PART OF THE PROBLEM !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yes she is normal thank God just the smell and her sister too but not like her they r twin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i don't think it is abnormal, maybe just not common. let her pick out a deodorant for teenagers she might like it.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 7:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My son is five and sweats like a truck driver. It doesn't smell yet, but he will be the only kid on the playground with sweat rolling down his cheeks. Some kids are definitely sweatier than others!
    mamaconroy

Answer by mamaconroy at 3:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008