Is sex important in your relationship?

My friend says its not important at all but after ten years in a sexless relationship I disagree I think on some level we are both right what do you think?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I can & only will speak in regards to my marriage.

Yes. Sex is a very important part of my marriage. Sex is far more for us than just the mechanics & physical release. Sex is a "cosmic dance", sex brings us closer together, sex helps to keep us in harmony with one another, sex helps to reinforce our feelings for one another, sex is just as spiritual as it is physical for us. Sex is all encompassing for us,so much is shared and expressed. So much is experienced. Sex, well good sex (lol)brings about the release of hormones/chemicals (during orgasm mainly) that actually help to bond people together, they increase the desire to be with that person, they help to relieve stress, & help to increase happiness levels. Also for us, a healthy sex life shows our love and desire for one another that we still have after all these years.. Sex expresses so very much and can does so much for us as a couple ( in regards to our relationship)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• its important but not the most important thing in our relationship
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would say sex is important in a relationship because it's a physical way that you express your love for one another. and it strengthens the emotional bond you share. Sex should not be the foundation of the relationship.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's the icing on the cake, but not the entire cake...you know what I mean?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Not for me. It is for the dh, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• In my marriage yes sex is important.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Not for me but for my dh it is
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• not in ours. We have actual intercourse (not just 'fooling around' maybe every 3 months. Sex just isn't a big part of our relationship. It is a mutual thing though. If it isn't then I can see where it would be a huge problem.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes,it is

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sex is important in our marriage. No matter what is going on, sex brings us together. The rest of the world is outside at that moment. And it seems that what ever struggle we had, we are able to discuss it more clearly. When sex was few and far between, our problems seemed to get the better of us! So for us, it keeps us communicating and happy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2011