how do i entertain my 2 yr old son better in these winter months??

djdiddles62

Asked by djdiddles62 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• are there any mommy-and-me programs available in your area? we have swimming classes and a drop-in centre near us; it's so useful. your city's website might have info on those kind of resources if they're available.
    littlevee

Answer by littlevee at 1:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Find mommy groups, and play centers for same age group. There's probably a lot of children museums near you, look them up on Google. There's a hands-on museum for children in PA, we live in VA, it's worth the drive!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• play do, coloring, painting, crafts... i take my kids to mcdonalds every friday just for the inindoor playplace....and invite a few friends either from ds's school or my friends with children
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 1:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Try searching for moms groups at www.meetup.com. One thing my kids loved was playing in the sink with cups, funnels, etc. They wore a waterproof smock and I filled the sink and sat nearby to supervise. They loved it!! You could also put some basins on plastic tablecloths on the floor to do the same thing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Finger painting, coloring, play dough (I prefer the edible kind), mega blocks, baking cookies together (my son loves to dump the ingredients in), build forts, and of course educational tv in moderation (Super Why has taught my 2 yr old son the alphabet). Kids that age are easy to entertain if you present it right. My son helps me do dishes and cook all the time b/c I made it fun for him.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 5:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I got a clubhouse from Michaels Craftstore (don't know if you have them where you live) for $19.99 for my two year old son. Its four feet tall and fits myself and my son plus toys. It is made out of cardboard and pretty easy to put up and take down. The awesome part that kept him busy while I had it up was he could color the outside and put stickers on it. It comes with a design to color in. Also has doors and windows that open. Even a little chimney that attaches!!! I'm trying to find the link online for you :)
    babyTmommytobe

Answer by babyTmommytobe at 5:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• arts and crafts are definately fun, We go to museums a lot....always make sure to have a recess though....even for 15 min fresh air is still healthy for them and for your sanity lol
    proudmama101906

Answer by proudmama101906 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2011