Pregnant & hcg level at a 81

I was bleeding for 16 days, thought i was on my period, went to obgyn on friday to see why i was bleeding for so long, did urine pg test, came up positive, did blood pg test it also came up positive. My hcg level was at a 43. Based on my last menstral period (9/27/08) I would be 6 weeks, well they did an ultrasound to rule out an ectopic pregnancy since i had one last year- They could not find anything ! nothing in my tube or uterus. Said i mite just be very early into the pregnancy, like 4 weeks.

Well on monday they re did my blood work and my hcg level was at a 81, it is going up which is a good thing BUT its not doubling like it should everyday. With it going up they said that tells them that i have not "lost" the baby. I stoped bleeding and cramping yesturday. I have not had any "blood clots" or anything like that. So i just wanted to know what you ladies thought could be going on, Thanks Alot

ffwife48

Asked by ffwife48 at 3:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm thats odd...um I dont know what to say but I do know several people that have bled and ended up with a beautifu baby. you will be in my prayers!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 7:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That is tough. We went through that with my first. My levels went up, but not normally. We didn't have an u/s, but it took 2 weeks to get a heartbeat. The worse was I bled the entire time. But I have a beautiful son now. :) I would say don't rule anything out. Have a happy healthy pregnancy! :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008