Is this wrong of me to want or feel?

I named my daughter the name I LOVED, I picked her middle name, before I met this girl. To make a very LONG story, short (atleast try to), The father cheated on me w/ this girl (more to the story!), she WAS my BEST BEST FRIEND, I thought it was cool my daughter had same middle name as her first name, BUT NOW that I can't stand that you-know-what, I HATE saying my daughters middle name, and actually I wish I could just change it! =( I know that's horrible, and I know I didn't name her because of my ''so called ex friend'' I did it because that's what I wanted. That girl ruined my relationship, (yes, so did he) and I can't even stand to hear her name, makes me cringe. I rarely say my daughters middle name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• Change your way of thinking. It's your daughter's name and your daughter will make that name proud!
    I can understand where you're coming from. I bet that I would feel the same way as you do. However, it's just a matter of changing your thinking and telling yourself "This is MY daughter's name and she deserves it to be the best name!" or something to that effect.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's not wrong of you to feel this way. Over time you might feel differently and be comfortable with the fact that you did pick the name. Satisfy your curiosity and look into what is involved with changing it. Then you have to decide if it is worth the hassle of telling family and friends why you are doing it. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• think of it as your daughters name, not hers. forget about her, and love the fact that you daughter is beautiful and has a beautiful name to fit her!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That's horrible, I can understand why you'd not want to say that name! Luckily it's a middle name and not a first, I'd change it, even if not officially.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thank you ladies, I really appreciate the uplift, truly. I thought people would think I am crazy for thinking this way, but it's been bugging me for a long time now, and I had to make sure I wasn't the only one. I dont think I can legally change her name, I don't want her or anyone to think I am jealous, I dont even want her to think anything of it, I have to make the best out of the situation, besides my daughters name is beautiful & no matter what, I will raise her not to be that kind of woman.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I don't think it's wrong of you to feel this way. But you need to think of it as your daughter's name, not your ex-friend's. Just because they have the same name doesn't mean your daughter's going to turn out the same way. Your daughter will make that name proud and beautiful.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011