need a good potty chair

I have a 21 month old boy who is short for his age but we are potty training and hes doing awsome but he refuses to use a potty chair he wants to use the big potty which is cool so i bought one of those seats that sit on the big potty and well its splash gaurd is terrible im having to whipe pee off the floor and from around the toilet seat its gross. Anyone know of a good potty seat that has a good splash gaurd for boys? Help i wana continue potty training while hes interested, after all hes only 21months and im soon to have baby number 2 on the way and it would be great to have just one in diapers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't have luck with those spash guard things with my son... SO I just taught him first to "point him down" when you sit on the potty. After we had potty training down... we started on standing to pee. It took him a little longer to get that down.

Good luck!! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We never used a potty chair. We have tile floors and just dealt with the mess when necessary. We just taught the boys to tuck in when they sat down. Dad taught them the standing part.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• use the actual toilet. just tell him to push it in. worked for us...now he's standing to pee.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Baby Bjorn! I don't like any other chair.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We didn't have success with those seats that sit on top of the toilet because for my boys, the hole in the middle is way too small. The chubby thighs take up all the room and I have skinny kids. For boys, sitting them right on the big potty worked best but we had them sit FACING the tank. Worked like a charm.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011