Need serious advice. Please HELP! adult content

Ok, I have been with my son's father for almost 5 years, and I love him dearly. I am attracted to him still to this day, but try to convince him of that...

For almost two years now I have had like ZERO sex drive. I could TOTALLY do without any kind of physical showing or recieving of affection, sex, foreplat, anything. WITH ANYONE, NOT JUST HIM.

It is ruining our relationahip. I am positive it has to be some kind of medical issue. How would I go about talking to a doctor about this? What can I do? What can they do? What kind of doctor do I see?

Please, my relationship is almost over because of this. I NEED HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you on any medications? I know many anti-depressants and b/c pills can lower or diminish your sex drive.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 1:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Talk to your OG/GYN for starters. There are creams that can be used and it also might be a medical issue. Don't let him/her brush you off. It might be some simple problem and is worth looking into for the sake of your relationship. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No meds, no bc. I am fairly healthy, just a little overweight. Well, probavly 30 pounds ovreweight, but I don't DISLIKE my body too bad.
    I just recently got insurance through my job, so I don't really have an OBGYN. My relationship is suffering so bad. He says it is all in my head, or that I am full of shit. He thinks the whole "medical issue" is just an excuse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It can be from stress, depression, from medication, exhaustion. I would go to a counsellor and try to find out the psychical causes. And I would go to a doctor and ask him to find out what is with my hormones or if I have some kind of infection (like Chlamydia can cause low sex drive.) I hope you can save your relationship. Was the sex good with him? Did your sexual appetite go away after child birth or pregnancy? You don't tell to much about the situation. So These are the things I can tell. Hugs and be strong. You can save your relationship:) I am crossing my fingers:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 1:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Go to your regular Dr. tell him everything you just wrote they'll probly do bloodwork and chech you hormone levels, if they can't find a solution they will probly refer you elsewhere but don't give up til you find a solution! Good Luck
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 1:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, my lack of sex drive pretty much started after I gave birth to my son. I work full time, and I go to college, plus chasing a 3 year old around, so I am always tired. LOL. The sex has ALWAYS been great, so I don't know what it is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I can promise you, HIS attitude towards this isn't helping, it's making it worse. I've been through this, though it did have something to do with meds. But hubby's attitude with it made it way worse. He wouldn't see that, it was all on me. So he thought. You can start with talking with your regular doctor. Having a baby does lots to your body, not everyone goes back to normal like some do. You can go talk with your doc, then take him with you to a follow up, so he can hear for himself. The doc can explain that it's not bs.
    It's not going to ruin your relationship unless you guys let it. Unless HE makes it ruin your relationship, which, it sounds like he is.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Go to your regular doctor and talk to them about it. They will know what to do from there by asking you simple questions to gear you towards a diagnosis. If there is one. You may also try talking to a counselor. It could be a emotional or mental issue that you've somehow surpressed or haven't even realized yet. Talking with a proffessional may help you release that emotion or issue to help you move on to a healthier life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It is very possible that your lack of sex drive is not really medical issues. If this started after you had your child, and you are really busy.. Life is putting a kink in your sex drive, not medical issues. Women, in order to feel sexual and want to be sexual, need more than just physical stimulation. We also need to be: mentally sexually stimulated, emotionally sexually stimulated and physically sexual stimulated. If you are stressed, if you feel like you are running around all the time like a chicken with it's head cut off, if you ever feel like you just can't get a break, if you ever feel like you are just doing everything..etc.. It does affect your sex drive, your desire for sex. Addressing these issues can have a great impact on reviving your sex drive. Sex just as mental and emotional for many women as it is physical. Our daily lives have a huge impact on our interpersonal relations & we do not always realize it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yeah I guess it could be those things. I don't really feel over -exerted or anytthing bc he is a big help to me with the house and the kiddo.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011