Worst rash EVER... adult content

Okay, so eczema runs in family. I have never had any problems with it. I noticed it on the back of my thighs about a year ago, but it was never to bad and it would go away for months then return for a day or two. WELL, now that I am about 3 months along in my pregnancy it has become horrendous! It is hug, red, itchy, bleeding, spreading all over around my thighs up to my bum and it is unbelievably painful. On top of this, I have discovered (I apologize) these red welts inside my bum area. These do not itch, they HURT alot! i cannot sit down without wincing from the pain. I have been using hydrocortizone, baby powder, cool compress, sleeping in my undies, etc. Nothing seems to be working. My next doc app is not for another 2 weeks... and i feel like I am going to loose it. Any ideas to why this might be going on and/or suggestions on how to relieve my uncomfort? thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Health

• Ooooo goodness....sounds really bad. Could it be a reaction to changing soaps or washing powder?

My dh just went through a really bad breakout and he went to the dermatologist. He told my dh to always wash with Dove unscented soap (white &green box) and to use hydrocortizone and eucerin cream.

I dont think I would do the baby powder....b/c I would think that would dry it out...you need it to be moisturized. my dh would also use baby oil gel immediately when he got out of the shower.

His is better now. hope yours is too!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• it was on my chest and it was hot and that made it worst
    jacquetia31

Answer by jacquetia31 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thank you so much for your response! I do use that exact dove soap and have for at least a year now :) I will try your suggestions! Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• This may sound crazy but, my Pediatrician has told me to use diaper rash cream before. It has helped, but takes time to heal. I've heard that buttcream works too.
    missmarylou

Answer by missmarylou at 3:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2011