how did you quit smoking when you found out you were pregnant?

i know that just being pregnant should make me want to quit, but it's hard. how long after you found out that you were pregnant did you quit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was 6 weeks and quit cold turkey. It wasn't to hard since I knew I had a baby inside of me that needed me to be healthy and smoke free. I wish you the best of luck!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I quit cold turkey too, the thought of a fetus smoking with me made me want to puke!

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I quit cold turkey as soon as I found out, I think I was 1 month, maybe 6 weeks at the latest
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I was not able to quit cold turkey. smoking was always a crutch for me. I have severe depression and anxiety and trying to quit cold turkey made that a million times worse. I slowly weaned myself off. I would start cutting out one cigarette a day or so. Eventually it got to the point where I wasnt even smoking a whole cigarette. I would take a couple of drags and put it out and that one would last me all day. I did eventually stop but it was about half way through my pregnancy. It was the best way for me to do it. I give kudos to those that can quit cold turkey, but for some people it is not that simple.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• how far along are you? just try to keep in mind that at 8 weeks your babys lungs develop it made me feel like a failure as a parent already when i smoked after 12 hours of not smoking it is only a mental addiction keep that in mind as well. good luck!!
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 10:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011