Is it only rhetoric when the other side does it? adult content

I mean seriously, when the last question about the girl who died yesterday can't go six fucking answers without someone dragging their politics into it, all the while saying, "oh yes, you're right, it's so terrible when that happens." Do people really not see it? Or do they think they're being really clever and nobody else will notice?

Is it too much to ask that BOTH sides just say yes, things went too far with a few people yesterday and that's too bad, apologies for anything that contributed to it, WITHOUT feeling the need to add on (but my side was right) at the end.

I know I tried as much as I could to keep that out of it until the questions outright blaming started, and I regret being sucked in by trolls who couldn't let it go by the end of the night. Anyone else?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    Why don't you get over and enough with the social engineering here that you are always trying to accomplish by complaining to CM.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• NP, lately you are really having bad days aren't you? You are letting trolls get to you!?

Answer by older at 2:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I missed it (drama) again. But knowing NP, i'd wager she's correct..even if she's "having a bad day".
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Is it too much to ask that BOTH sides just say yes, things went too far with a few people yesterday and that's too bad, apologies for anything that contributed to it, WITHOUT feeling the need to add on (but my side was right) at the end.

I think the issue is people saying, no...no one went too far.....its all good all that went on. and this is an isolated incident, it isn't. Politics is becoming more and more heated and threats and violent speech are becoming common place....

We already have too few involved in the process and this is turning more off and leaving the loud, angry voices...which is why politics is in the position itfinds itself. I wish more of The People would be involved to silence the crazy talk

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wow looks like I missed all the fun. I think everyone on this board has their opinions on who are the people who immediately go to attack mode.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think the issue is people saying, no...no one went too far..

Really? All the answers today and yesterday saying "this is in bad taste", "it's too soon", "this isn't the time" were people saying "no one went to far"? Requests to let the bodies cool and the police investigate before assigning blame were what you saw as approval of what happened?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sounds like a lots been going on around here. I haven't been around much the last few days. The knee I fell on has a huge pocket of fluid on the side of it, and it's causing me so much pain, I just haven't had the strength to do much. The wet,cold weather isn't helping. I go to my Ortho Tuesday, hopefully,he can drain it, and give me a shot of something. I will say this much, what happened yesterday was a terrible tragedy, regardless of what side of politics ANY of the victims was on. All that should matter is praying for the families who have suffered loss of loved ones, and praying for the injured to get well. Hope you all have a great evening.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hope your knee gets better cbk.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Rather than focusing on which political party to blame, people need to be focusing on the fact that innocent people, including a CHILD died in this tragedy and that others are still suffering in the hospital. The gunman was obviously a few grapes short of a fruit salad. I personally do not care what his political affiliation is or was. It is still a horrible tragedy and totally sickening.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

•  

I think the issue is people saying, no...no one went too far..

Guess your one of the people you can't stand and won't admit the truth. the other threads are filled woth people defending hate speech, defending "their side" and saying violent rhetoric is A-OK...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011