Where do you live and what are the pros/cons of where you live ?

I'm thinking of moving to another state, so I'm trying to do a bit of research to see what's out there. I don't have to move, but really looking for THE place for me and my family. Currently I live in Oregon and it's beautiful, but cold/wet most of the time.

I recently started a home business, so I can "take it with me". I will be quitting my job and working solely on my home business by Sept, so I would like to visit a few place before then, and see what's out there, because I would want to move before winter hits.

What city/state do you live in and what are the pros/cons .. or is there an ideal place you would like to live, and again please share pros/cons. THANKS :-)

MaryJacobs

Asked by MaryJacobs at 2:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I lived in central FL. It is beautiful nice, things are not too expensive but it gets HOT to be me I felt like I was trapped in space or on a permanent vacation.. that can be a good or bad thing.

I live in Massachusetts now, I like it... dont love it. I grew up here so its home to me and feel more comfortable here.

Anonymous

• I live in Evergreen Park Illinois and the pros r there r two great hospitals less then 5 miles away!! We have great pizza!! Lots of little kids,they r cute! The park is around the block. It is really beautifulhere u hear the birds and children laughing and playing. People say hi as they pass u during a walk. The con is,like every place,there r some people who r bullies that never grew up!! Just ignore them. Of coursr, like every place else,there r alot of nice people here too. They far outweigh the bad ones!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I live in Memphis, TN, and I would never recommend it to anyone. The climate bites. The culture bites. The bugs are horrid! The best thing about Memphis is the music. There's always lots of live music. It's free on the street and in several downtown bars/clubs. There are some really decent venues for bigger acts and those venues are inexpensive. Healthcare, in general, is atrocious! For some reason there aren't any really small practices for general medical care. The women's health and general practitioning clinics are enormous, having a dozen doctors or more. They overbook and regularly take 3-6 hours to get through. Crime is bad. Police and government are corrupt. Education is shameful. Gosh, I can't wait to leave!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Right now i live in Lake Ariel, Pa. i do not like it. i live in a very rural area. so that ist he cons. i am use to getting to a city or any place with in 5mins. it takes 20mins to get to a major highway. its just not for me.

I previously lived in new jersey. i lived in central new jersey so i was near everything. a highway. the cons ofcourse is the traffic. but the public transportation is amazing. i loved it. i still love it. i could be at the beach with in an hour and in new york city with in an hour. i guess the crime and amount of people but there are plenty of places in new jersey that are very beautiful and have all the benefits i mentioned above. those are only two places i ever lived.
    good luck with your search.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thanks for all the comments so far ... keep em coming ! :-)
    MaryJacobs

Comment by MaryJacobs (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011