MY SON IS GOING TO BE TWO IN JUNE, I HAVE 2 GIRLS ALMOST 8 AND 6, SO NATURALLY THERE IS LOTS OF LOOSE SHOES AND PURSES IN THE TOY BOXES AND AROUND THE HOUSE, WELL MY QUESTION IS HOW NORMAL IS IT THAT HE LIEKS TO WEAR THE SHOES AND CARRY THE PRUSES? IS HE JUST COPYING THE GIRLS AND ME OR SHOULD I BE WORRIED ?? PLEAS HELP AND ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!!!!

jjpnelson

Asked by jjpnelson at 2:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• normal my boys were the same way and they have no sisters . My 20month old loves to play with shoes and always trys to get my old purses out of the closet. Its just them using there imagination we have even gotten our 20month old a baby he carrys it around of course hes not nearly as gental with it then a girl might be lol he attends to carry the doll by its foot or head and throws it around lol. Hopefully he wont be as mean to his real baby brother whos on the way.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• all boys do that, my son included who has two older 1/2 sisters and one older 1/2 brother, they do everything to immitate and just have fun.no big deal
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Normal.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He's just having fun like how he sees everyone else having fun. My son, 14mos, was wearing my purse, put it on himself, but then 2 seconds later he's playing with these little nascar toys. He was just copying me, and he copies his daddy too, just a matter of what is in reach.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Totally normal and cute and funny!!! Relax,no worries!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Don't worry. Make sure there are plenty of appropriate toys for him too. He is copying what he sees and enjoying everything.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Totally normal! My kids are 5 and 3, girl and boy, in that order. My son loves to play with my daughter's stuff and my daughter loves to play with my son's stuff. Its all good.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My two year old son loves to carry around a baby doll and take care of it. There is nothing wrong with it!!! Its actually really cute at that age I wouldn't worry at all. :)
    babyTmommytobe

Answer by babyTmommytobe at 5:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Well I don't think it is any thing to be to worry about my Mother in law says that her oldest son like to wear her pany hose because they felt good So I would say that your proublely going to be save there. My son likes to wear my mother in laws rob around the house as well. It doesn't make a differents. He will grow out of it in age.
    auntie335

Answer by auntie335 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011