Anybody else wishing you could have another baby...

Even though you know it's not a good idea right now? I had/am in a pregnancy scare...and at first I was terrified of being pregnant...but now that I'm almost sure I'm not, I've gotten used to the idea and wish it had turned out differently. I've had baby fever almost since ds was born already...but not to the point where I'd actually consider it.

I want more kids...and we could afford them...but we have no more room in this house. We're piled on top of each other as it is. We never intended to have ONE kid here...and now we have TWO! We hope to move this year, but there are no guarantees of when precisely that will happen since we have to sell this house in order to buy another. So I can't just assume we'll be out by the time it's born.

I'm also finally on a halfway decent work schedule. I work from home, and it's HARD getting things done while spending any time with my kids...I had wanted to wait until dd was in school...or at least past the whole smearing diaper rash cream on the floor thing that toddlers tend to do. Plus, I'm working on several things to up my income even more than I hope will go well this year... and with pregnancy fatigue, how well would that work out?

Not to mention my son is still a baby himself, and he deserves his babyhood without having to share the attention any more than he already does.

But I'm already looking at tiny little clothes and picturing how I'll do the next nursery...

I know no time is the "right" time...and I think I'd like to lose weight before having any more so that maybe I have more energy the next time around... but I still secretly (to my family and friends anyway) wish I could have baby #3 right now.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• WOW!! What does your husband think?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm pretty content with my DD ! What does your hubby think? I had thought about another baby a few months back but I want DD to be in school before we have another baby!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hubby wants more too...but he says we have to wait a year from now and then we can talk about it...see where we are...and I know that is for the best. But even though I am rational and NOT going to TRY and get myself pregnant right now... there is a part of me that really wishes things were "just right" right now so we could. :-\
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thank God I don't have to worry about that anymore!!! I have my 2 kids (now adults) and was perfectly content. Past menopause. Yay!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 3:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sounds like you answered your own question in your post......you listed more cons than pros!!! and if/when you get your baby #3, do you think that will cure the "baby fever"?? I got my baby #3 six years ago, and STILL long for more! But I already I know why I feel that way: I dont REALLY want more kids, I just want babies, because that's my favorite stage, and it goes way too fast......you should think about, that, too....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I don't it's only about liking babies... I've always known I wanted a big family. And I'm not sure babyhood is my favorite stage...I've fully enjoyed every stage so far and can't wait to see how they will continue to surprise me. I'm going to try for more... someday. Today just isn't the right day. I'm not really asking for advice...just wondering if anyone else feels like this...and how you curb the baby fever until the time is right.

A big family has always appealed to me. I love having kids...watching them grow...and love the chaos a big family brings. I'd also like to adopt someday...I think I'll know when I'm truly finished having kids and then baby fever will just have to be ignored.
    ErinHill226

Comment by ErinHill226 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011