really?

So, I moved closer to my daughter's father so he could have a relationship with his daughter. He always complained about an hour and a half drive to see her, because he moved back in with his parents that far away... Soo, I moved, I love the area, and there were better opportunities here anyway.. however... this is the part i don't understand. He started dating this girl who lives over an hour away.... in which he drives there, every weekend... so what was the point in moving up here if hes just going to move over an hour away anyway (the opposite direction) for this girl... I am just at a loss for this....

Tiamarie54

Asked by Tiamarie54 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• He doesn't have his priorities straight.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That hour and a half drive was probably just an excuse and something to complain about. We all have our priorities...
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He was just making an excuse, 1, and 2, you better not move again to be closer.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• HIS NEEDS AND WANTS ARE 1ST PRIORITY
    and his child is not
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• This is a 'shake your head' moment, designed to prove to you that what people complain the most about are ALWAYS things completely within their control --AND they actively seek them out.

Imagine for a moment, if you will, your ex's life that is as smooth and pleasant and perfect as possible --no stress, no worries, everything just exactly the way he likes-- how many days do you think it would take before he engineers something, ANYTHING, to have something to bitch about?

Because I'm a cynic, I'd say it would take under 4 hours... but that's just me.

People complain when they are not happy about the choices they continue to make, while they are the folks with all of the power to stop making them. Pointing this out tends to make people really, really angry... so it's a fun opportunity to keep your observation to yourself and quietly enjoy watching people create their own misery to their own custom order.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I agree.. he used excuses.. i use to drive every weekend 5 hour round trip to pick my son up.. well worth every second!!! from here on out if he moves i would make him do the driving. i know i evil like that but he is the one making the CHOICE to move not you.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• To control what you do it's always an excuse no matter what if he moves that direction to be with the new gf he will complain again
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• He's got his priorities messed up! Glad you have more opportunities in the new place though so it all works out.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• he sounds like a jerk, I'd say concentrate on your and your daughters happiness and forget him.. Its his loss at the end of the day.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 6:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011