ima 26 weeks pregnant and i had took one shot of liquor what happens to the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• More than likely, nothing will happen if it was jsut one, and this isn't a habit of drinking. But really? Drinking when you KNOW you're prego? That's insane. Best of luck to that baby.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• First off...dont do it again....second it should be alright if you only had ONE. Why would you take a shot pregnant? Anyways chances are baby will be ok.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• No one knows what amount of alcohol can harm the baby. That single shot can give your child fetal alcohol syndrome. It may not. You will not know until the baby is born. I advise that you stay away from that crap if you care about the health of your child.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Probably nothing but you never know. I sure wouldn't be taking any chances. I don't recommend doing it again.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Your 26 Weeks and took a SHOT KNOWING you were pregnant..Wow..what a winner.
    Anonymous

• yikes well you might get lucky and nothing will happen to baby but they dont know how much alcohol can affect a fetus. I would have never taken the chance. Untill baby is born you wont know what affect it did or didnt have. If i was you i wouldnt be so stupid again and id stay away from alcohol all together. Im not usually mean but you should be ashamed of yourself im sorry to say that but you clearly know your pregnant.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wow really? I guess you forgot you were pregnant huh? I hope for this childs sake that this was a one time thing! My brother (adopted) suffers from FAS! So I know what happens when you continually drink when you are pregnant! Grow up!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• There is no known safe amount of alcohol that can be used in pregnancy... which is not to say that the recommendations all around the world are as puritan as those in North America. In Britain, Italy, Spain and Greece, it is recommended that pregnant women avoid neat alcohol completely --that's your shot, by the way-- stick to lower alcohol darker beers and red wine (which has its own virtues in moderation), drinking no more than one a day and ALWAYS with a meal.

A shot is probably the worst delivery system possible. Certainly a shot on an empty stomach is a terrible idea.

You might like to consider what it was that brought you to that decision, the pressures or forces or distorted thinking that ended up with 'it won't matter' or 'just this one'... because that's all alcoholism is: distorted thinking that ends in 'this won't count.'

You and your body knows, even if no one else ever finds out.... you can't sneak yourself.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wow!!! How stupid r u??? What is your problem??? Kid is not even here yet and u r picking drinking over your kid!! R u trying to kill your baby!!! Really Really stupid!!! Where r your brains!!! Since u posted this prepare to get bashed!!! U knowingly tried to hurt your baby!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Are you that desperate for a shot, really?
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011