What's the likelihood that I will be able to "crash" a spring semester course?

I stupidly selected an evening soc class instead of the a.m. but of course they are now all full. Have you ever crashed a class and do you know how likely I am to get into it? Thanks.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 3:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in

• Bums in seats count for a lot... if you show up for the live class for the first 2 weeks, you're very likely to get in, just because college students often have big ideas about what they can do and what they want to do but when it comes down to getting up for an 8:30 class on a subject they have no curiosity about... circumstances get right in the way.

If you're actually, physically in the class, you'll get the first space available.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Totally depends on the teacher. Try e-mailing them and asking them.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have never crashed in a course but if you are not registered for the class most professors will not let you in. You will have to wait until add/drop to see if people dropped the course. Waitlist it if you can.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i would show up the first day and go to the registers office. they usually can get you in if you can get the professior to sign the paper to get you in if its closed class. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I emailed him, thanks for that suggestion.
    I can also sit in the class for awhile. It'll just mean I attend 2 of the same sociology courses on Tuesdays. At least I'll learn... =D
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011