Taking advice

How often have you actually used the advice given on Cafemom? Name a time or two that someone gave you advice and you used it instead of just taking it into consideration. It can be stain removal, sleeping habits for kids, dinner ideas etc...

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• i asked about helping with cramps and i used those heating pads someone posted and they did help. :)
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 3:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Almost all the time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I plain avoid asking questions that I already know my answer to! I don't really ask for advice because I have a good head on my shoulders, and my husband has a good head on his. Together, we make good decisions and do what is best for our family. I see a lot of women griping about people not taking the advice they give, and I wonder what makes them think anyone HAD to. Asking for someone's thoughts is not creating some sort of obligation to do things the same way...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I was given advice on how to make sure my 7yr old dd would be dressed appropriately when she went to school on Mondays from her dads. A lady gave me the suggestion of packing a Monday bag of clothes for her on Saturday to give to her dad when he came & picked her up. That has worked very nicely. And to get rid of razor burn put unscented deodorant over the area and it would not occur, that worked like a charm.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Not necessarily Misses Nick. It doesnt have to be relationship advice or anything like that. Just simply how long do I need to water a plant? Little stuff that others like to hear input on. I dont go looking for someone to solve my problems on this site and only see what other options I have that I have not yet realized or thought of. Im very open minded for that. Im not bashing you and I think its great that you and dh have a great relationship/family but if someone asks a ? it doesnt mean that they dont have their head on their shoulders
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• And to get rid of razor burn put unscented deodorant over the area and it would not occur, that worked like a charm.

Ill have to try that!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yeah, she said a stripper friend told her about it. Even if you don't do it and you get razor burn, if you put the deodorant on later it magically disappears. She did say though if your DH wants to go down there to wipe it off before hand, cuz it taste awful. I would imagine so.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I use recipes people share here. I will be using some gardening tips I have gotten here.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When my husband got his steel toe boats wet, i was told on here not to put them in the dryer as he suggested. Cafemom saved our dryer!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry. I didn't suggest that asking for advice didn't mean a person had a good head on their shoulders. I only meant that I usually figure things out for myself because I don't care for the implied obligations that seem to come along with asking others for advice...no matter how small.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011