Is it easy for you to save? If so, what works for you?

Are you on a budget? I need helpful hints to stay focused this year. Thanks

mommyg24

Asked by mommyg24 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Consider your savings accounts to be just another monthly expense, just as important as the electric company

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Just make sure you pay yourself 1st and stick that into an account and don't touch it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Very easy. After my expenses are paid, the rest goes in savings. I rarely have spending money from my income. I do online surveys in order to make a little spending cash.
    Anonymous

• We do a zero based budget where every dollar is allocated before the month begins. that way not a single dollar goes to waste. After all the bills are paid, the next line in the budget is to pay off debt. BUT we'll be done with that at the end of February, so after that we'll just change paying off debt, to saving money.

I wouldn't call it easy, but it does work.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• we make a calender and write down pay days and bills that must be paid with those checks. not sure if it works the best but it does ok. and as far as savings go... well its not going... ha!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 4:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We have a certain amount automatically withdrawn from our checking and moved to our savings account each week.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011