For all who had babys recently, How long after

Did you and your DH/SO get (sexually) intament after having your baby? I know they say you have to wait 6 weeks, but did anyone cheat and do it earlier??

mblucky

Asked by mblucky at 3:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my daughter we waited 5 weeks.
    My son we had to wait 4 months because I received a 4th degree tear and it took forever to heal.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• well i had a little bit of a tear and she said i didn't need any stitches or anything it will heel up and they said to wait 6 weeks but idk if i can wait..lol
    mblucky

Comment by mblucky (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I waited 6 weeks exactly, to the day, and it was a bit painful. I had stitches but that's not what it's about, your internal body needs to be repaired.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• wow really? hmm that makes me nervous lol
    mblucky

Comment by mblucky (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I always waited for 6 weeks. With my first we waited a bit longer. We tryed and it hurt a bit. So we wait a couple of weeks. This time we just did this weekend. Our little one is almost 8 weeks old. I had a tear and wanted to make sure it was healed this time. No pain at all.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• we waited 3 weeks. i only bled for one week pp
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I waited 6 weeks, and it was still a little painful so we decided to wait a week more before trying again...it's hard to wait, but there is a reason for it, ur body has just been through a lot!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 5:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My doctor says you can have sex when you are ready. With #1, I waited 6 weeks. With #2, I waited 8 weeks. With #3, it was only 2 weeks.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 5:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Six weeks. Once the placenta detaches you have a big gaping wound where it was. You need to avoid sex if you can to avoid infection and allow it to heal properly.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011