Is this normal

I'm wondering if any one can tell if this is normal. I personally think its sick. But do any of you have a hubby who talks to his mother about "sexual things". My hubby does and I think its disgusting. I think that its one thing to be close to your parents but there is a line that needs to be drawn about how much you say. I tried telling my hubby that he has an unhealthy relationship with his mom. He tells her everything. Sometimes I dont even bother telling him things because I know he is going to tell her. And to make matters worse the woman is a TOTAL gossiper. How can I make my hubby see my point of view and realize that somethings are better left unsaid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• If my husband told his mother intimate details about our married life...I wouldn't be comfortable having an intimate relationship in fear that his mother is part of our bedroom. That is not a turn on that is a turn off. And it is not just about sex...some things are private and I wouldn't want my MIL to know. And I don't want her influence eeking through my spouse's decisions that we make for our children. I would wonder if that is what he wants or is that something that his mother suggested. I need to know that I have just one partner...not two. Its okay to be close to a parent it is another thing to be married to a parent.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• be happy that he has so much trust in his mom. i really doubt that she is going to the city talkint to ppl she knows and says: "hey mom.. he told me that he loves doggy style"... lol

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• You are RIGHT! The bible even has a passage that deals with this issue, "when a man takes a wife, he leaves the cleave" (sorry if it's not exact).

It's a very bad idea for your husband's mother to be so involved in your lives. It's also WRONG for your husband to discuss your personal life with his mother. he's married to you not her.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i dont think the bible tells people to not trust their parents and dont talk to them about whatever you want to.

I personally dont talk about my sexlife with my parents. dont know why, but if i would feel like telling them that we have great sex.. well, then i will do it.

xD

if it bothers you, then just tell your husband.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yo the first answer you obviously dont know the woman. she is the type to meet you one day and then tell you about her business and her sisters business the next, just to spark a conversation. Trust me I have only been married for 5 years to my hubby and I know All of the drama on her side of the family and on my FIL. detail by detail and person by person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i think its nice the have a close relationship. but he should draw a line where he knows you wouldnt want to tell her. i think when your married you have to protect the feelings and trust of each other and anything that would damage that he shouldnt say to her. i wouldnt care as long as he didnt give details lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• it's also just plain wierd for him to discuss thes private maters with his mother.

my ex had a wierd relationship with his mother that caused constant problems. he's on his third marriage (i was number 2). he even tried not to be so involved with his mother but she'd play the guilt trip on him and he'd be back doing it.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm sorry that is WIERD. i would be ticked off if my dh was doing this. I told my DH if he wants me to experiment with different things in the bedroom he better NOT let anyone know whats going on in there!! I don't tell my friesd specefics and telling them to his mom....eeewww.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I feel for you. I have spent 16 cutting the apron strings from my DH. DOn't know if he would ever get that personal, but it would surprise me. Just tell him to stop and tell him and tell him and tell him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• talking about other stuff is onething but sex life is personal , i would tell him if you are going to talk to her about our sex life than i just will not give you anything to talk about , he will shut up quick than
    almts915

Answer by almts915 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008