Any heavy women with a skinny man?

I am around 185 lbs, and pretty self concious about my weight. I'm 5' 6. I've been dating a man around my height but he weighs 140 and is very skinny! I'm not used to this, so I'm holding back doing sexual things because I'm so nervous about what he will think. He says he likes me how I am, and thinks I'm sexy but I just can't believe it. Any ladies in the same boat as me? How do you deal with it and still feel sexy?!

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 3:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• My ex MIL& FIL are that way even to this day and they have been married 54 yrs
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Same boat. I'm a little over 200 and my husband is 130 fully dressed. When we were dating I found it hard to believe he was truly attracted to me and didn't get uncomfortable during sex. But after a while, I trusted him enough to tell me if he had a problem with my weight. Men are not as passive as us. If something is bothering them, they'll say so. If a man says he's attracted to you and won't freak out if you get adventurous in bed, then it's true.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When my husband and I first got together, I was about 25 lbs overweight, and he was a fit athlete. 3 years down the road and he's catching up to me weight-wise having gone up about 3 pant sizes. He also no longer trains/plays, so while he's still consuming calories like he used to, he's no longer burning them off.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 4:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Our neighbors are one of these couples. I think she tips the scales over 400 pounds and he runs in marathons and is thin as a rail. Who can second guess love?
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yeah, I'm 45 lbs more than he is, but we do just fine! We're happy with each other, looks and personality.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2011