Do you feel based on Obama's campaign speeches that he will be more successful in Office as President then any other President we have had?

grandmasix

Asked by grandmasix at 7:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It is hard to say. I love his policies and plans but I don't think I can make a call before he is even president.

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 7:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no, i think the exact opposite is true. based on his speeches and his promises he may be labeled a complete and utter failure when he cannot come thru. that was a mighty big platform he built for himself. good thing he can swim. he can swim can't he?
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 7:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• going back through history there are some very big shoes to fill. he will be his own man, his own president and his own policies. remains to be seen if he can live up to all of his promises. he will be a success if he keeps the will, want, and needs of the people first and can do alot of the things he promised. he is facing a bad economy, bitter and angry americans, nancy pelosi, harry reid, barney frank and the whole world expecting him to be the one to save us. them shoes he already wears are going to be big enough to fill without comparing him to past presidents.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:48 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think if he implements each and every plan he "promised" to get votes(which essentially is what a campaign speech is) , this country will be further in debt and not be heading a way we need.

However, He has NO REASON not to do his plan. WIth a stacked House and Senate in the Democrats favor~If he doesn't enact his campaign "promises", I think he will lose ratings from his voters, but gain ratings from some McCain supporters.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think you can determine the future quality of his presidency based on speeches. But I agree with grlygrlz2...he has no excuse if he doesn't make good on his promises. Personally I don't agree with him on any issue.
    JMGouge

Answer by JMGouge at 8:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I might have a chance to believe in him if he had accomplished anything big in the past. Unfortunately, if I am to go off of track record, I feel there will be much disappointment from this presidential term.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Let's see what he could do about the economy and the current crisis our country is in. If he could fix this mess I would consider him a good president. The best?? Look at some of the pictures on your money...I don't think he will be that good.

grlygrlz2 ~ With the current crisis I don't think either candidate would have been able to fulfill even half their promises in one term.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There is no savior out there he has an overwhelming mess to clean up if he can I don't think any one that we put in office can clean this up it will take 10 years to straighten out if that it took ten years in the making to get there too plus the economy crashing is world wide. Neither of the 2 McCain nor Obama will be able to clean up this mess our system may have to fail then be able to start fresh it is tough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• OMG. you can't judge his presidency based on his campaign speeches. LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I will wait and see what he accomplishes during his 4yrs in office, but for him to already be talking about a "second" term is alittle egoistical in my book. He needs to concentrate on what he is going to do in 2009 and not worry about 2012 yet. It worries me that he wants to shut down Gitmo. He needs to be worried about this economy and all these damn bailouts that tax payers are paying for. I'm still trying to figure out how he can give a tax break to the middle class when we are the ones paying for these bailouts. He is definately an inexperienced man but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself because after all we all deserve a chance.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2008