Good Start vs. Soy Good Start...

My son has had formula issues from the start He has been on Good Start for 3 weeks now and is STILL gassy. It's nothing that we can't handle because the gas is a lot less from when he was on Similac. Examples of the "gas" we experience is... hiccups 30 minutes after every meal, burping all day in between bottles (we have to pick him up from his swing or bouncy chair to help him burp) Sleeping for like an hour then screaming, us burping him, and going right back to sleep, and farting stinky farts all the time too.... it's like this every day all day. Not to mention he will not lay on his back, I put him like that but he screams because when he lays on his back he gets hiccups. So for the first hour after a meal we have to hold him upright, belly down against our chest. By the way I have bought 3 different types of "gas helping" bottles and basically am at my witts end! HELP ME!

tealsangel

Asked by tealsangel at 7:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you sure your baby is not suffering from acid type reflux that can actually cause the problem versus the formula?
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Here is an article that tells you about it,symptoms & so on.

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/reflux-infants-children
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I use Goodstart, and have used the soy as well. I personally find the soy version oily, smelly, and my baby does not like it. You may want to try anti-gas drops, or see a doctor, your little one may need doctor perscribed anti-reflux meds.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 8:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Have you tried baby gasx or mylicon drops. They were a life saver when my son was a newborn. Also try a little bit of sugar water, or some karo syrup directly in the formula. My son couldnt drink any type of goodstart without puking, so I cant help you with that part. Good luck!
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 6:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Have you tried the soy good start? Maybe your baby has a milk protein allergy
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008