OMG I NEED SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME NOW!!!

So I just came across some info on the internet (and can not find ANYTHING to say otherwise) that since I am O neg my daughter can in no way shape or form be AB pos (her dad is AB pos). Someone ever heard of this???????? I am completely freaking out about this. I am sooo confused also. I understand everything I've read about why its not possible, but hello I know for a fact she wasn't switched at birth so how is it that she's AB pos when I am O neg???? Did the doctors running her blood screw up? Is it one of those freak things that she took over completely of her dads blood... what the hell is going on???

SlapHappi

Asked by SlapHappi at 4:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Health

• Calm down and call your dr on Monday and ask them to explain it to you. No use freaking out over something you can ask the dr about ok?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If you are this concerned then you need to talk to your/her dr. I believe anything can happen whether "science" says so or not. If you know that hes her fatehr then why are you so worried? Is it for health reasons? Def talk to a proff before trusting the internet. GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sorry didn't mean for that to come out as freaking out... I am just sooo confused on how this is possible when everything I'm reading says its in no way shape or form possible...
    SlapHappi

Comment by SlapHappi (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes due to the alleles normally with an AB parent and an O parent you'd only be able to get a child with either A or B type blood. However modern medicine has a lot to answer for these days so I would go to your doctor and ask about it. As an O parent you must only have OO alleles since O is the recessive gene. Your husband has AB since they're co-dominant, so your daughter should either be AO or BO. As far as I understand it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hahahahah:D I am sorry but it is so bagatelle. Why is it important? Have you realized you are freaking out on blood types? Even the doctors doesn't have an idea what can happen with it and why there are four main and loads of small. You read something on the internet so what? OMG!!! She is your child. You know that, your husband know that. And no-one is better or worse with any blood type. It is not a sickness. So calm down and stop believing everything you read:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• hey at least you arent O+ and your mom is A then your told your dad is B. tell me how that works?? lol im still trying to figure out if i was the milk mans or the mail mans!
    seriously tho blood types are very confusing talk to your doctor! gl and BREATHE!
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 4:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• JOR_HAIL - That means your mother must be AO and your father BO. Therefore they both contributed their O's to you and you are OO.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I never understood this shit either......It can go ALL THE WAY back up your family tree......Here's my example:

My mother: A+
    My father: O+
    My brother: AB
    Myself: O+

my mother (who is 1 of 8 children) has a TON of A's and B's in her family, hence, my brother's blood-type.....Weird, right????

Oh, by the way, here's my own family:

Me: O+
    Hubby: O+
    Daughter #1: O+
    Daughter #2: O+
    Daughter #3: O+

Doesn't get more easier than that....!!! LOL......
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Im O+ and dd is O+ but dh is B something. Ive always though O was dominant but Im no dr so wait and talk to someone that can ease yourmind and explain it better
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011