They said my family is cursed!

People joke and say that my family carries a curse of death.
I don't find humor in it and it is really scary cause when my family pass they go in doubles. It is scary and I really really hope that the curse isn't true.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 4:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's no such thing as curses!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That is what I tell myself but after all the death in my family I start to believe it.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I know what you mean, sometimes it's easy to fall into things like that. However, trust me, there are no such thing as curses. It's just superstition. I'm sure it'll be proved wrong soon!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thats because people are connecting everything. Just like bad things happen in threes. People just look for the bad things.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It only exist you choose to exist. If you think your family is cursed you will choose to listen only for the negative things. It is really dangerous because you will miss so many good moments because of your worry. If people say your family has a curse you can answer them that only as much curse as their family. In every family there are strange and bad things happen. But there are good and amazing things as well. The choice is ours to listen only to the important things. :) I am sure your family is as good and as bad than anyone else's. Whoever says anything else they just lie to show their families in a better light:) Don't worry. Just look at the good things around you. If you can find some you can't be cursed:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• hi..just pray and ask for GOD's guidance and everything will be alright...i am here as a friend...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• A curse is something that is only effective if you fear it, fear gives it power. There is such a thing as coincidence, though, and patterns. Don't worry about it so much and if someone brings it up tell them to be careful, you heard curses were contagious lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Ive always been told that death comes in 3s. It usually is true but on not always family. Ive had a family member pass and then 2 other friends/aquaintences pass. To me its superstition and pure coincidence
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Curses work. Really. So does hypnosis, post-hypnotic suggestion and priming. Because they're all the same, really.

Every family has death in it... so that's the same kind of high-quality curse as my great-grandmother's tea leaf reading prediction: you will pass water today.

The thing is, a curse is a form of priming --the same way I can say 'look around your room' and you'll see what you usually see... but if I talk about the colour of the sky, and water, and my grandmother's vivid blue eyes, and my dark sapphire ring and then ask you to look around the room to see if you have a lot of blue around you.. you'll see it differently the second time.

When someone says 'death is coming' you'll recall that with the next death. And the next one, and you'll start to see deaths all around you. Like the way the blue pops out, once it's mentioned. It was there before, but now it seems so prominent. It isn't. Your mind's been primed.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• generational curses do get passed on and if people say it enough it keeps going. Once you recgonise this then you need to know how to break those lies over your family. As a Christian we use the name of Jesus and the blood and the cross to break the curse and start speaking blessings instead.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011