are you happy with yourself?

i sometimes sit and think...sometimes too much...
are you happy with yourself? with your career, family life, friends, house...
i just turned 30 last month and seriously started to realize that i wanted to be further ahead in life then where i am. DONT GET ME WRONG! i LOVE my family, and i am proud of where i am bc i have gotten here by myself. but i wanted to have a career and some savings... i guess its not too late but still.... any one else feel like they wanted to be a little further in life then where they are now?

not sure where to post this...

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 4:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I am getting there day by day as I make my goals happen I am truly happy and proud.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Wherever you go, there you are...

What would you give up today to get you where you think you 'should' be? Which one of your choices, priorities or values are you going to surrender in order for your life to be different than it is now?

I see people being disappointed with their lives, when they have lived according to what was the most important to them in each and every moment leading up to now and wonder: what would you have given up, surrendered, caved in on, weaseled out of in order to have got to a different 'now'?

While you're having a wallow in the Oh Poor Me moments, perhaps you'd like to wonder how long you thought it would take to get to 30, really... Did you think it would be less than 30 years? More? Did you expect that it would come with more minutes in a week than it does? More hours?

Here and now you are alive. This is not a game. There are no Mulligans, you can't re-spend your time.

Live. Learn. Laugh.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, I am happy with my life. Compared to 27 when I had no clue. But by the end of my 27th year I knew what I had to do. And those goals have been met, now I am taking care of some things that will put me ahead at work. I will have more money to do things like help my Mom get a new car.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm a senior so I'm not going much further in my life. But I always wanted to be a nurse and became a 17 yr old Mother instead. We never had the $ for me to go to any schooling after that and then we had 2 more CHD. I wish I had picked better friends in some instances, and if I could chg anything it would be NOT living in the development I do because a neighbor assaulted my youngest DD at age 15. That's about it, and biting my nails. :)
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i'm getting there! I've been a sahm for 2+ years and recently got a PT nighttime job so I can help with the bills.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Not really. I did corporate, hated it, and have been a SAHM for 4 years by choice. Love that part, but I'm not where I should be. No higher education, no real goals, not sure what I want to do when my kids are both in school all day, no super close friends, etc. I always thought that at 31 I would have it figured out. Since he's in the military I took on the role of being the stable one, but haven't invested in myself. Need to prioritize that one of these days.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 4:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm very happy with myself and things in my life right now

Answer by admckenzie at 5:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• this wasnt a poor me moment. i stated i am happy where i am, but thought id have a career by now. in no way did i want that to seem like it was a pity trip.. sorry if i gave the wrong impression! and i wouldnt give up anything! i do not regret anything in my past. i wouldnt change anything either. i can and possibly will have a career one day and some savings (hopefully) i just thought 9way back when) by the time i was this age id already have them both!
    JOR_HAIL

Comment by JOR_HAIL (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes. I just turned 26 on December 27th of last year. (Weird saying "Last year") I have (almost) three beautiful kids, a wonderful husband, a car that is paid off, a home that will be paid off in 15 years, and a dog. (Though she may be leaving soon) I love what I have and how far we have come. Even how far I have come. However, I wanted a career, a college education, and I wanted to travel the country/world. I don't regret what I have done instead of all of those things, but I do still want to make my dreams come true. So to speak. I really have tons of time, but it's just harder now that I have a family. It'll be worth it though, because my children deserve an example of accomplishing what you want. As well as I really deserve to accomplish things for myself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I guess. I never really had big dreams, like traveling the world, or having this big time career. I never planned on having a big wedding, none of that stuff. I always knew I'd marry a soldier, and I did. I did want to be an attorney a long time ago, but that has changed into a nurse. Which I am working on. It's taking me a long time. Being military is difficult, moving can be difficult when you are trying to get a degree. But, I'm working towards it. (not getting the right info from the school makes it hard as well:( )
    For all the things that go 'wrong', I know I am lucky. I still have my hubby, we are not divorced. (My sisters are). We were not the ones that were supposed to make it. Our kids, with their special needs, are great. They are challenging, but they are wonderful. I wouldn't change anything, to do so would change what I have now.
    I'm not happy with myself, but I'm happy with what I've got, with who I've got.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011