Im getting ready to enroll my little man in the local little league team...any advice from anyone? This is his first experience

Little league, first experience

SpanishGirl

Asked by SpanishGirl at 8:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have you picked a sport? My son did baseball this spring and next year we might try soccar instead. Baseball was a little too slow moving for him and he really only enjoyed it when he got to be catcher. My brothers (who are preteens) do baseball, bowling, basketball...I think one of them is about to try lacross and they used to do football as well (they didn't like football all that much).

Picking the sport depends a lot on what you feel your child will like. Some children prefer more fast paced games and others more laid back games. Some, like my brothers, like all types. Base it on a combination of what games he likes and what his personality is.

When at the games cheer for him he does well and encourage him when he doesn't. Be his #1 fan. hehe He'll love it! It's a lot of fun too.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:04 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My son played his second year of machine pitch baseball. He is 7 yrs old and loves baseball! It does get boring for them out in the feild but they love to bat! He also plays soccer which is great because they get to run, run, and run. I have always told my kids to try different things at least once. T-ball is great for little ones if it is included in either coach pitch or machine pitch. T-ball by itself to me does not really give them the whole experience. I guess it all depends on what is available to you. Just let him have fun!!
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 9:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My son has played little league for 7 years now. It is slow at first ( t-ball) but if he sticks with it, he'll move up to real games. We did 2 years t-ball, 2 years with each kid taking a turn and nobody getting out, and then finally getting to play a real game. I think there are so many rules that they need to take it slow. My son is the catcher - which he is great at, but put him in the outfield, and he's in la-la land! He'll just have to keep moving around until he finds what position he likes best.
    FunCakesForYou

Answer by FunCakesForYou at 8:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008