Want to start dating again but.....

I've been divorced for 8 years and want to start meeting people (MEN/A MAN) again.
Its been so long though, I don't know where to start...and I have a daughter
that is having her "mid-life" crises (teenager syndrome) so I'm kind of nervous
about a guy coming into the middle of that, but I don't want to be alone the rest
of my life either.
Suggestions????

comalita

Asked by comalita at 7:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Wait until the children leave the nest. It won't be that much longer, and right now, they need your undivided attention. These are very critical years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If you think you are ready then I would try to start meeting people. I have a friend who has started dating again and she does not bring it home. She meets people for coffee, dinner, or a movie. The know that she has children and that she can not bring them home. She is not ready for her children to meet someone yet.

Although I believe that your children should be your first priority I also believe that you can have both.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If I was your kid and its been 8 yrs since you've gone out I'd be telling you to get a date already. If you don't mind online dating there are plenty of sites to meet ppl. You meet them talk to them for a lil while and if yall seem to click meet up at a eatery or somewhere for coffee. If they seem okay from there then you can plan another date. Give them your # or get theres. I've met ppl off Hot or Not, Myspace, AOL not all for dating purposes just some as friends. I'm horrible w/ social interactions so I find the web to ease the transition of meeting ppl. Myspace is actually how I met my Fiance.
    o0gone0o

Answer by o0gone0o at 9:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If you include them...into this...then they will be for it,

letting them get you dressed for the dates...and not allowing MEN to meet your children is best until you know that their okay,

Not bringing alot of men in your life, will be a good idea,
    1-3 guys will be fine...if you cannot find nothing there...wait awhile... a little longer wouldnt hurt.

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i did online dating and it worked great for me. i was divorced for 12 yrs. also i think at this age is when a girl could use a good male role model. although i wouldn't let any of them come over until you have been serious for awhile and you think he could be the one. also make sure that you still set the example by not sleeping with any of these men. yeah it's hard but well worth it. you don't want your daughter to get the feeling something is up and then start thinking it's ok for her. my boys were very accepting of me dating and were always upset when they heard i broke it off with one man or another. they got confused sometimes on who was just a male friend and who i dated. well i guess cause my male friends wanted too. they are all gone now. good luck
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thanks for the feedback...and just to let ya all know my child has ALWAYS come first.
    As the saying goes, "guys r a dime a dozen", easy come, easy go.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT!! =))
    comalita

Answer by comalita at 9:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2008