I need some suggestions for paint colors for my house

I am having such a hard time deciding.I want to pretty much paint my whole house and am trying to decide what colors would 'flow' together because when you walk into the house you see about the whole house except the bedrooms,it is all open.I like lighter colors but for in the living room the bottom part of walls is paneling and the rest is not so I would not mind if the paneling part would be a darker color.I do know what I want to paint the kitchen which is like a light tan or a color that would go with coffee themed stuff I have not found the right shade I like for it yet.Sooo any ideas anyone????

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 4:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would get on HGTV.com. They have a section that lets you upload pictures and try out different colors on your walls. I would avoid anything dark or too bright if you want it to flow though.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 5:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That is the way my house is. My livingroom, dinningroom and kitcher are basicly one great room. I still do not know what collars to paint them.

Answer by louise2 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I like earth tones.

Answer by older at 5:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and use the color samples. I knew I wanted a green and burgandy for my bedroom and I found a booklet of samples that all go together including a burgandys and greens. They have whole booklets with colors that go well together and then you can use different shades and tones in different rooms - giving a nice flow without having to use all the same colors.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 5:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• @ daisysrdeadly That is the problem,I do have a booklet from Home Depot and there are so many colors in there that I like.I will see a color on one page and think about using it then will go on to next page and see another color or two that I like. :) Thanks for the suggestion.
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• thanks y'all for your suggestions.
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2011