will you take care of your own mom when she got old????

neng999

Asked by neng999 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, as I would expect my kids to look after me.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• *hope
    leah_rai

• No.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hell no! She didn't raise or take care of me while growing up. No way in hell will I help her out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes. We'll have a bedroom waiting for her when she's ready to move in.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Nope. She never took care of me. I am taking care of her mother because no one else wants to.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• She thinks I am a piece of well I would be her last choice.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Of course. I love my mother, and wouldn't want her cared for by the kind of neglect that is typical of even the best extended care facility.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I will but I am not much of a nurturer so I have already told her I will make sure she has the best care ever and she can stay in my guest house or in a room in the house if she wants to be close but I will have nurses and such to do the care. We will have to sets of parents needing tending to, also so we will see how it all works out.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 5:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've always planned on it. She's remarrying now after 25 years. I'm so happy for her, but at the same time I'm a little unsure about what I'm supposed to do now...like how I'm supposed to just quit worrying and providing and let her new husband do that now. I feel like I'm standing in a crowd of people being productive with my hands tied to my side. Of course, I realize there is still a possiblity that I'll need to care for her in her old age, and I'll be happy to care for her. It's just weird for me right now. Sorry for rambling...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2011