People talking all through the movie

does this bother you and if so how do you address it without actually turning around and telling them to shut up? Hubby and I took the girls to see a movie last night and the entire time the couple behind us chatted about all kinds of things, and the louder the movie got the louder they got. Had we not had the kids with us (who weren't nearly as bothered by it) we would have left within the first 15 minutes, it was that bad.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 5:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Entertainment

• Go get an usher to kick them out.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• annoying... i hate when ppl do that.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I go outside and talk to the staff and they come in and tell them to shut up... I don't put up with it, if they wanted to chat they could've gone and sat in a cafe somwehere! :P
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• That's when I turn around and tell to either shut their mouth or take it outside
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• start having a conversation eight behind them and disturb them too.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would move if possible. If not then I would have turned around and asked them to please keep their voices down. If they continued after that I would go get the manager to kick them out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Actually I'd do what Sleepingbeutee said, as well. Mine just seemed more fun ;-) lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would kindly ask them to please be quiet and if they weren't I'd go to the management. We had someone texting the whole time we were at a movie once. Stay home if you want to do all that people
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It ticks me off! I have to pay almost $9 a movie just to listen to someone talk all through it! I usually avoid the movies on weekends and during school breaks (winter/spring) 'cause they're usually filled with tweens/teens that get kinda obnoxious during the movie.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The movie was packed full of teens, but the couple that was so obnoxious had to be in their 40s or 50s (definitely old enough to know better!). We had no problem at all with the kids around us, and had there been five seats together anywhere else we would have moved away from these two. I didn't think of going to get an usher, I wish I would have though. At least I'll know what to do next time (c:

scout_mom

Comment by scout_mom (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011