when did Americans forget the difference between lose and loose?

I haven't been on this website long and already i've seen someone use the word loose when they mean lose about 30 times. lose- present tense of lost. to lose something as in to lose weight. loose- meaning not tight enough. your hat will fall off if it's too loose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in

• I think you drop this

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've noticed quite a bit of too, but I'm sure I'm not perfect at all so I feel bad commenting on it!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• eye rolling

Anonymous

• Post this on their question...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• just letting you know i'm not the one who voted down anon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• When did people get so critical?? You do realize that it is not just Americans that use this website?? Many people that post here do not speak English as a first language. I forgive their errors. They are here for help, not for someone to criticize their grammar or spelling.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• haha i like that sleepingbeautee
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I've noticed that people are quite lose with there usage of the two words. They would loose points if they were in HS English. wink mini

(yes... I'm yankin your chain)

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Did you note the useage of "there" in my comment too. That's your next post.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If you watch there is a lot more to it then just lose and loose. Like there, they're and their and a few others but I just tend to ignore all of that and go on with answering the questions because sometimes I make mistakes when I am typing and it doesn't come out right even though I know better
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2011