How did your husband propose to you?

also where you aware of it before he proposed?

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• We were at his parent's house and kept going into another room to talk to his mom and every time i walked in they would get very quiet or change the subject so i as starting to think he was going to break up with me. Then his sister showed up and he dragged her in another room and she came flying out of the room and hugged me which was unlike her and said she was so happy but she wouldn't tell me why and after she did that my husband asked me to go out on the back porch so he could talk to me. When we go out there he was holding my hand he was telling me how much he loved me and he got down on one knee and he asked me if i was will to put up with him for the rest of my life. and i said what and that was when he asked me to marry him.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My husband took me out to eat and then took me for a walk on the beach and proposed to me while the sun was setting.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Through a letter whit he was at boot camp. We weren't allowed to talk on the phone so he drew a ring and ask him. When we finally reunited he got down on one knee in our hotel room and asked me again.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My story is sad. :( I was supposed to get my ring and have him propose on Christmas morning. Instead I was rushed to the hospital Christmas eve and had a ruptured appendix so I got my ring in the hospital and it's so foggy that I dont' really remember how I even told our families.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I do not remember if he did. I am not sure. I wonder.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• its very funny because my DH knows me so well. He wanted to propose at this cute little sandwich shop we usually stop at one the way home from a candle shop we go to. The day he was going to propose there were a lot of people eating outside and he knows how i hate being the center of attention, so he waited. When we got back in the car and were driving home he said "I think we should get married" I said "When you are serious let me know." He said "I am look under your seat." I reached my hand under the seat and there was a ring box.

I was so surprised because we had been talking about it for a while and I thought he wanted to wait a little longer. For me is was the perfect way.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my hubby proposed while we were looking at Christmas lights, He put together a mix of all my favorite songs with a bunch of romantic songs and when he was ready to pop the question he skipped ahead to my favorite song, pullled out the ring and asked me to marry him. Christmas is my favorite time of year and he knew that's when I would want to have that memory!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 5:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I just had to read this post 'cause it sounded so sweet. I hope when I meet someone I want to marry they do it in thoughtful way like all of your guys did!

myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my husband proposed to me after i got home from work! i was tired and stressed and bloh. he gave our son the ring box and it was all wrapped up nice. i didn't know what it was. I unwrapped it and there was the ring! he asked and of course i said yes.
    my favorite memory about it though was that he gave it to our son to give to me. :-)
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Hypothetically. We'd had a big fight, I can't even remember what it was about, something drunk and stupid probably, we'd both been drinking (hey, give us a break, we were both in college and just finished our exams that day). Anyway, we'd made up and were talking and he says to me "so, if I were to ask you to marry me, what would you say?" And then before I really got to answer him he asked for real.

And I had no idea. We'd only been going out for 2 1/2 months, so I was not expecting a proposal, but I did know that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him even before he asked. So I said "yes" and a year and a half later we got married and this summer we'll celebrate our 16th anniversary. Though I do still like to bug him about the hypothetical proposal ... and I'm still waiting on a ring (aside from my plain gold wedding band).
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011