If you found out....

You had cancer and only a few months to live.....WHAT is the first thing you would do other than cry your eyes out???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Interesting question... this actually happened to me. I developed colon cancer and found out it had spread and treatments didn't help. I was told after my last mri that they were out of options and nothing more could be done for me. I had no more than 6 months to a year at most. I believed this for 3 months and i spent every second with my kids and other family. I got a call from dr saying there was experimental treatment in another country that was very risky....basically it either worked big or it didn't. Knowing i had prepared my kids as much as i possibly could've ....i did treatment. Best decision i made i am now cancer free and in remission for 6 yrs. I have a permanent colostomy bag which is such a small price to pay for a life with my family! But during this time I developed a very different relationship with each member of my family. I also learned to appreciate the very simple things in life.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Pack my bags. Kids and I are going on a very long vacation!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Start making memory boxes and videos for my children so that they have something to remember me when they are older (they are 1yr and 2yr).
    I would spend as much time as a family as possible.
    Other than that I would go to confession and Divine Liturgy almost everyday and prepare myself to meet my Maker and account for my life.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Take a TON of pictures of our family having great times, and create wonderful memories for my son and stories for DH to tell him when he's older. I'd write out everything I'd want them to know (for them to read after, ya know). I'd do all the crazy things we don't do every day, and travel with DH and DS to a few key places. I'd refuse chemo, so that I could have more energy to enjoy the time I'd have left. I'd do everything I've been scared to do, and spend time with the people who really matter to me. I'd throw some big parties to spend time with people all together, and try to stay as positive as humanly possible. I'd want to go out with a bang!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would live it up.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Figure out how to stay alive long enough to have my baby.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Spend that time with my boys... every moment I possibly could, and I believe I would want to travel a bit, just to have a few more experiences and to give my boys some great memories.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I would quit my job and spend all my time with my family, I would dust off the video camera and film everyting, take photos, write letters to my loved ones, make up a memory book for my daughter, buy her bday and xmas cards for her to open every year, buy her a charm bracelet and special charms to be given to her on special dates 16,18,21. Id tell her about all the movies, songs I loved, tell her about my pregnancy, the birth about everyting. I would be at peace knowing she wont forget me. I would also do and say afew tings Ive ben scared to.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 5:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i would quit my job first of all and go on vacation with my family. i would spend every second with them. taping and recording all of our moments.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• hug and kiss each person I love
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 9:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011