Do u tink the Christmas school holidays are too long

My daughter goes back to school tomorrow after 3 weeks off, 4 days of that was cos of bad weather but still it seems really long to me, shes ben bored and missing her school friends. Also just realised they get another 3 weeks off in April for Easter. This is a school in Ireland, any other schools out there the same..

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 5:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't think so. My son was off for 2 weeks. His vacation was from December 22 to January 3.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Nah...I enjoy not having to get up and drive my kid to school for two whole weeks. It's a welcome break...plus my son got to spend a whole week at my in-laws place. Nothing like a whole week with the grandfolks and a week with mom and dad too!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 5:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• yep
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I like the two weeks off at Christmas, but would like two weeks off for spring break too. Our kids only get one for spring break.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• ours is a week before christmas to jan 3. i dont think its that long but i know of some schools that close down at the slightest chance of snow and are closed at least 2 days out of the month for in service days or whatever. out school (we are in northern wisconsin) only have one day out every quarter for conferences and the normal holiday breaks but unless its bellow 20 degrees the kids go to school and they have recess outside as well.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• we'd really bad weather and got the flu so we ended u stuck in doors for alot of it, I think she'l be glad to go back.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• but yes some schools are out way too much.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We had Dec 22rd thru Jan 3rd off I think it was a couple days to long. I think we could of gotten out on the 23rd and gone back on the 3rd but I know even with that long of a break we still had kids gone most of the week that we went back to school
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Most schools only do a two week Christmas break. I would say that three is too long.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I feel like they aren't long enough! I hate sending my kids back to school after breaks!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2011