Moving?

This decision I've already made up in my mind. I just need to make up my mind. I have 6 kids to take with me. I know I have to look at daycare,schools,housing. My job will transfer so that's a big help for me.I have been stressing about this for some days now. Can anybody give me some advice any will be helpful. The advice I'm looking at is did I miss anything
I'm a single mother and this will be my first big move.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 5:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• How far are you moving? I've moved 5 times the pas 4 years, damn military life. I can try to help the best I can.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I can move to Florence SC which is a good 30 minutes from me.Columbia SC is a good 2 hours,Charleston is probably at least 3 hours. I don't know where I want to move too. I don't want to move and make a bad decision.
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Since all of those places are within reasonable driving distance, I think that I would go visit each area, maybe for a weekend if you can. Look around the neighborhoods, and if possible go on a weekday when you can visit different schools for your kids. Before you go, look online or in the paper for rental or real estate ads, and visit the neighborhoods of the ones in your price range. This will give you an idea of where you will get the most for your money. Make sure there is convenient shopping, and the distance for schools, daycare, and of course your job.

Good Luck to you!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• If your employer is moving you, they should offer relocation assistance.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Research the schools in each city, if time allows go visit and talk to people about areas of town and schools, consider how far to work and I always look at the housing market and cost of utilities. Best to you.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Good luck :)
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2011