Have you ever road an airplane and it encountered mechanical problems?

going crazyI was just sitting and thinking, I've never asked/heard anyone tell of their experience as far as that goes, that the reason i'm asking this question? As far as myself and airplanes. I have not and have not thought about making plans to ride no ones airplane if it doesn't run on the road! lol! I'm serious

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Travel

• In a jet? No.
    In a private plane? Yes. Once I had to abort a takeoff due to engine problems, but that was simple enough. Just a few months ago my dad had to make an emergency landing in his plane because his fuel gauge didn't work right and he ran out of fuel. He landed in an empty field. A landing strut broke but that's all the damage that was done, besides the bit of a dent to his pride.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• I flew from Rome to the US once and the plane had to turn around because the co-pilot lost power on his side of the control planel. That's a great feeling..The plane had to circle the airport for an hour to dump fuel to be able to land. I hate flying.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think if you travel by air very often at all, you have experienced mechanical problems...more often when you're still on the ground and your flight is all kinds of delayed! ;o) I've been on planes that had to turn back or make an unscheduled landing along the way too. It's a huge pain in the butt but usually nothing to panic over.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Have you ever FLOWN in an airplane.....Road is what a car goes on .....

No,I have never flown in an airplane that had problems but I flew during bad weather which caused the plane to bump aklot and people were throwing up.
    But airplane travel is safer than cars.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yep, we took off from Atlanta to Grand Cayman and I fell asleep instantly. My husband woke me to say we were landing and I said, "Are we already there?" No such luck. Mechanical issues so we herded out of the plane and waited for another and two hours later were off again...ugh.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Thankfully no. The worst experience I had was a flight out of Reno. We had such terrible turbulence that the drink cart came off the floor with such a hard bounce
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 7:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• Ugh, yes. One time we were flying home from Seattle to FL. First off, on the way to the airport there was an earthquake. It wasn't terrible, it just shook us up because we've never experienced one before. Then we were on the plane, on the runway ready to take off...the pilot came on and SAID we were next for takeoff...but we kept sitting there. We could hear them starting up the engines, but it didn't sound right, then we see other airplanes taking off and we were like "wth, we thought we were next for takeoff". Then the pilot comes on and tells us that the third engine won't start and we are going back to the terminal. A few hours later they got it fixed, but by then my nerves were shot and I spent the rest of the flight worrying about that third engine, lol. Then we missed our connecting flight home, but whatever.
    My husband has experienced turbulence so bad that people around him were praying and puking.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2011

• @kerp1960 it was a laugh out loud! that's the reason that i said i have never?
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Comment by ILOVEMYBOYS704 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011