i have a friend that is 39 weeks pregnant woke up with dull back pain and now has changed panties 2 times and they end up wet.. anyone know what she should do or if this could be thee start of something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ummmm go to dr.!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sounds like her water broke or it is leaking. I would monitor the contractions if any and go to the hospital.

Answer by older at 5:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Are the pains like menstrual cramps? Do they come and go? The wetness could just be discharge. It can be insane how much comes toward the end. If she's soaking through maxi pads, then that could be her water. I soaked through underwear by 20 weeks.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Sounds like her water broke and she is in early labour. She should get some sleep if she can and eat a healthy meal, drink lots of water.
    Baby will be here soon!
    She should also put a pad in her underwear to check the colour of the amniotic fluid. It should be clear not green or brown or black.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Ok my water broke and leaked very slightly....for 20 hrs till they did emergency c-section. So could be water broke it doesn't have to soak a pad to be water. I also had dull back pain that turned out top be back labor!
    Anonymous

• talk to the doc it could be her water leaking or her bladder leaking. at this point she should be seeing her doc once a week or more. to me it sounds like the beginning of labor with the back pain in all. tell her to time the pain and to feel her belly for it tightening. and like always when in doubt go to the hospital.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• thanks.. shes 2 cm and 80% effaced so we just werent sure what was going on... she has some menstural cramps but mainly a dull lower back pain that wont go away
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Menstrual cramps=labor. I'd start timing, mama, and definitely look at the color of the fluid. Nothing goes IN the vagina, no tampons, no fingers. They will just increase her chances of infection. Tell her congrats!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Go to the hospital!!! Now!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• GO TO THE DOCTOR
    redmisses

Answer by redmisses at 7:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2011