What's a "soft cup" or a "diva cup"? adult content

I've seen so many women say they use them. What are they!?

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Health

• For the best info go to the Divacup website.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It is a silicon cup that you put in the vagina during your period that collects the menstrual blood. Then you dump out the blood, wash it off and reinsert.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It's sort of like a reusable tampon. It's a cup you put inside yourself to catch your menstrual blood. I've never used one, bu I've seen them many times.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It is a cup that is inserted that collects the blood from your period. It does not absorb it like tampons. It has a ring (similar to the nuva ring or one of those jelly bracelets) and a plastic (not sure what material) film that makes up the collection area.

Depending on the type you use, it will either sit in the vagina (blocks the entrance) or will surround the cervix. I use the Instead which is disposble and it surrounds my cervix so I can still have sex. The diva is a reusable one that sits lower in the vagina.

They are inserted and can be worn up to 10 hours before they need dumped.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• They sell something called "instead". They are at walmart or walgreen. I don't like them. However my friends love them. They don't fit good in me
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I used to use the Insteads.... it was the same concept only disposable. I bought them at Walgreens or Walmart. Excellent product! Never felt a thing and you could wear it up to 8 hrs at a time!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2011