Anyone in the ATL ready for this evening's storm?

I have my supplies ready. If we don't lose power, I'll just hunker down for a day until the ice melts. If we lose power, I'll be cranking up the fireplace!

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 5:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We will be doing the same thing. The boys are looking to see if their is school. I don't think that they are going I just hope it passes soon.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I went as far as to get new fabric so my sewing projects can get done while everyone is snuggled in bed.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I hadn't heard the news, but our area has a snow storm going on and so I made sure I shopped yesterday. Nothing wrong with being prepared and self sustaining.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We're not in ATL, but we're supposed to get snow (and maybe sleet and ice) with accumulations between 4 and 7 inches. My son and I will probably just stay here, but my DH says he really needs to go to work tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll go in late to let the roads clear a bit in the morning. Hopefully they're salting the roads tonight.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I'm in upstate SC. We're well supplied and barring a power outage will survive. Of course there are already rumblings of no school all week. If that happens I may pull all my hair out with my kids home.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We are in NC, and schools are canceled tomorrow. Don't know about all week though. I sure hope not! It was supposed to snow the other day, but didn't. We had a few flurries yesterday, not much though. We are just waiting to hear about my hubby's work. PT should be canceled tomorrow. Pope AFB is on a delay, don't know about Bragg yet.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• School is canceled in my county tomorrow.
    tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011