Does it bother you when you hear children use OMG?

No atheist need apply, but of course feel free to ! I taught my children to use God's name only in praise. Now there is an abbreviation that our children use as an exclamation which takes God's name in vain. Am I the only one bothered by this?

KISS1224

Asked by KISS1224 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No

Answer by older at 6:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• It bugs me, its equal to a curse word in my house
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• They are allowed to say Oh my gosh but not God. i don't like the sound of it and it's unecessary
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• g could be goodness too
    my christian friend Dave says goodness in that place of OMG

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• no, what bugs me is when my 3 year old ALL day long says duuuuuuuuuuuuuh duuuuuuuh to everything i ask him
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 6:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• atheist need not reply... LOL
    Yes it does bother me. I don't the my kids be flippant with God's name and neither can their friends around us.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, it does. It feels as if they are taking God's Holy Name in vain.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• and when you see or hear it instead of lecturing ( after awhile it doesnt work as well)...be sarcastic, on computer -say I see you called upon God and yes he is everywhere, he's waiting for you to finish ......praise-request-comment to him. hear it then------reply- God is still waiting. they act confused and you say 'you just said oh my God, well you have his interest finish your sentence.---it annoys them into stopping use that around you and a guilty conscious will get them to stop altogether and without a lecture that goes in one ear out the other.

kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 6:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I got my 8 year old to stop saying it very fast. She was on the omg omg omg bandwagon. Everytime i heard her say it i made her pray. She got His attention so she had to pray.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My daughter just says OMG! she doesn't say anything with it so it could mean lots of things so No it doesn't
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2011