baby throwing up

my almost 3 month old son had a stomach virus on Friday that had been going around his daycare. He didn't keep anything down for about 15 hours. The next day he threw up again and then again the following night. I just fed him a bottle about an hour ago and as I was burping him he threw up the whole bottle. Its been around 5 days since he had the virus, should he still be throwing up? I also just switched him to formula (but he had always had formula for supplement and tolerated it fine).

IlovemyNicholas

Asked by IlovemyNicholas at 8:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your pedi now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would get him to the doctor asap, if you can't get him in there take him to the ER. It could possibly be the formula. My son did that around the same age and I had to put him on a soy formula. Let us know what the doctor says.
    catherine3476

Answer by catherine3476 at 8:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• This may be a problem also,Here is an article:

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/reflux-infants-children
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Give him more JUICE instead of milk.. and call his ped. (The milk may be upsetting his stomach)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• No on the juice!. If you want to get liquids in him then ask your pedi if you can use pedialyte.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yeah that sounds like its been too long. Also I have experienced the formula thing. Supplementing is one thing, but switching over completely is another and it could very well be a reason to why hes vomiting. Also if its just projectile vomiting, its probably the formula, if its heaving and gagging, its probably the virus. I would see the doc. He might want to switch him to a lighter more tolerable formula. Also if the baby still has signs of the virus, like diarreah, dehydration or fever, then you REALLY need to see the dr. Five days is too long. I am thinking though its probably the formula.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2008