Valentine day gifts

Do you get your children anything for valentines day? I was sitting here thinking that besides a little bit of candy, should they really get Teddy bears and all the big items? I feel that day is for the adults and people and love, not just another holiday for presents for children. What's your stance on V day.

MKSers

Asked by MKSers at 6:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont but when I was a nerdy teenager and never got anyting my dad wud send me a card (from ??) I never knew it was him untill I got older, I thought it was sweet cos my sisters always had boyfriends and got cards and I never did. Id do the same for my daughter if the same was happening to her.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 6:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• my husband and i just do dinner together.

for my three year old son last year we got him a giant card and a small box of candy. nothing huge, but just something small! :-)
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• We do small things...always some sort of chocolate! we do cards that we make for each other.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• me and my bf do diffent stuff and so my 3yr old doesnt feel lefted out she gets a teddybear with some candy its the little one,,
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011