Got a question for you ladies!

If I ovulated late last night and I just had sex is there any hope that I could become pregnant? How long does the egg stay down? Im really hoping I am cause I had a miscarriage in June and I really hope I can get pregnant soon! Im afraid we might of been to late. Im not really sure. Uh. Any advice?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 8:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't over think it. The stress of TRYING to conceive can often negate all your efforts. Just relax, enjoy your hubby and just do it more than normal.

But to answer your question, you are more likely to conceive around the time you ovulate but it is in no way an exact science. Good luck and baby dust!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have read that the egg lives for 24 hours, so you can even try tonight and still be good to possibly get pregnant. Good luck! I ovulated yesterday morning!
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Normally sperm can live up to 5 days in a womens body, and the egg has a lifespan of 12-24 hrs. We also lost our daughter in June and am currently ttc our second child. A healthy couple has a 20% chance of conception every month. So your chance is pretty good. Timeing is important, but just don't over think it or you will stress your self out. Good luck and lots of baby dust. Remember try and relax and it will happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2008