Numbness and tingling?

Does anyone or has anyone experienced your hands feeling numb and tingly? If so what is it?

travelmom25

Asked by travelmom25 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• HEY! I did today in fact....my fingers felt like they were asleep, it lasted for about 30 minutes or so and went away.

I thought it was weird too, and I dont know if its pregnancy related or what.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Its a weird feeling Im wondering if its pregnancy related as well or blood pressure?? Ill have to ask my doc... Mine keeps comming and going...
    travelmom25

Comment by travelmom25 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Yes, it's pregnancy-related carpal tunnel syndrome. It's actually very common, and it will go away after you have delivered. You have lots of extra fluids, thanks to Baby, and the extra fluid is putting pressure on the nerves running through the carpal tunnel, which is a very narrow space. You can get splints for your wrists for at night. Try to avoid any activities that aggravate it. Writig and typing can be among those.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• OMG, I had it HORRIBLY to the point where I could not sleep because of it! It's Pregnancy Carpel tunnel...it will go away after birth. Mine didn't go away until a month or so after I gave birth to my son!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 9:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• sounds to me like carpal tunnel syndrome..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 10:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011