Did the epidural make you very sore after child birth? Were you very sore after birth the next day?

Are you more sore after the epidural with your baby or after natural birth? What was your natural birth expereince like?

Im thinking about having a natural birth instead of epidural this time. But I am really nervous because with my 1st child I was in sooo much pain 1-10 it would have been a 13 it was high pain for me, my teeth were shattering and I was cursing I was in just sooo much pain. But with the epidural I felt like I was in heaven felt 0 pain. But I was very sore the next day for about a year because of the epidural my lower back hurt.

Does your lower back hurt even without a epidural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, it was sore for me-but soreness is nothing compared to how much it stops the pain
    of labor, lol. I've had 3 babies-another due soon...I totally recommend it! So, the answer is yes, I was sore.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had an epidural & never had any after pain at all. Maybe you will get a better Anesthesiologist this time, I think a good one makes ALL the difference. Good Luck!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• With my first son, I had the epidural. I thought it was glorious and did not experience any back pain.
    With my second son, it was natural;not by my choice, he meant business and was coming before i could enjoy the benefits of the epidural. I could not deal with that pain. (however every woman's labor tolerance is different).
    WIth my third son, it was that good 'ol epidural. I had him monday and went home tuesday, I didn't experience any back pain with the epidurals.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had an epi with all three of my kids (Best thing ever!!!) My first dd took 24 hrs, next 18 hrs, and thrid was after 8 hrs. My back was a bit tender for about a month. But then back to normal.

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 6:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• i had an epidural with my 1st, and was very sore after, the next 2 I didnt have 1, but I was still sore for a few days....u just ache all over anyways...It was def better without 1, but u will still ache afterwards
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I had an epidural with my son but I wasn't sore after, not back pain anyway.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have an epidural twice and natural once. The epidural for me is the way to go and will be what I do with or fourth. I felt so much better afterwords and during. No negatives for me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Many women that have epidurals have Pitocin (or other drugs). Did you?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I recommend natural birthing, absolutely!!
    It's so great to have the experience, to give the gift to the baby, to enjoy the birth, without adding unnecessary risks.

:-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2011