Why is my 2 1/2 year old all of a sudden not sleeping?

He wakes up screaming MAMA!!
Or just wakes up and starts playing with his toys.
He just wont sleep through the night. I dont know if they are night terrors,
but I need some advice on what to do...were all so tired!

LTsMaMaK

Asked by LTsMaMaK at 8:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he getting cold at night? Just an idea, but my daughter started sleeping through the night better when I started putting her in warmer pj's and covering her with a blanket. You could also try taking the toys out of the room at night (putting them in a closet and locking it or something).
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Does he still nap? I have heard some kids may just not need to be napping anymore once this starts.. I don't know about the terrors though - I hear those are very bad and waking up screaming sounds like your son is calling for you so maybe he's just not as tired as he should be and doesn't need the nap anymore?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My 2 year old sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night crying and I usually wait about 10 mins or so before going to him. Most of the time he falls back to sleep. And if he is playing well who's it hurting? Eventually he will get tired again and go back to sleep even if it is on the floor.
    Anonymous