how did you pick your childrens names??

I just liked the name Lauren so went with that..

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 6:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• My daughters name came from a baby book but me took out Ma and kept Kayla
    My sons name I had picked out since I was pregnant with my daughter. It just came to me one day.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Our girls names got harder as we went along. We chose to have all three girls middle names be after grandmothers.

Sabrina

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 6:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• well ive always liked the name keith its my grandfathers name and he means the world to me. dh liked it as well then he said ok how about nathaniel. so ds is keith nathaniel. dd we kinda took forever to do her name. i was reading harry potter number 7 and liked the name arianna. dh picked her middle name graciella. we also have an angel in heaven named kasey rose
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 6:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Our 14 yr old is named after both DH and I - she has our middle names.

Our 9 yr old was named when she came to us at age 6, but she decided she wanted to change the spelling of her first name and select a new middle name. My maiden name is Evans - so her middle name is EvanGrace... Evan after my maiden name - Grace because Grace has carried her through a lot in life and she loved the name.

Our 5 yr old ds was named when he came to us at 15 months - but we kept his first name (and still call him by it) but moved it to his middle name and his first name is the same as DH's - so we still call him what he always has been called. We discussed with his first mom first as she's our 24 yr old. BTW we didn't change her name at all and her initals are the same as 2 of our other girls.

Our 23 m old, no one knew her name when we brought her home so we named her after our grandmothers.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My oldest was named after his dad and my youngest and only I created a name from my grandfather's name and changed one letter @the end. My cousin picked his middle name...
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My oldest Chad was named that because my ex-husband's name is Brad. They have the same middle name, Richard. My daughter's name was Brian, we thought she was a boy, till we saw the ultrasound, and then we added "ne" to the end of Brian, and made Brianne, her middle name is Nicole, I was gonna call her Nikki, but she was a preemie, and a friend of mine started calling her Breezi,and that stuck. My youngest was named after my dad, Kenneth, not one of my favorite names, so I picked Kyndel, and spelled it different from the usual Kendall. His middle name is James, he hates his name, and goes by KJ. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Dh picked the names. We still dont know what we are having but whatever it is, we will go with the names that he chose.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 7:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• wanted something a little unique...but also something that we both liked...and something that fit family "traditions"..
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 7:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I picked my son's name, because of my favorite miracle worker and Saint. Jude!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• My oldest son's first name is after my cousin that passed away when he was 12.We are currently in the process of changing his middle and last name as he was named after my crappy "sperm donor".LOL
    As for my youngest son we actually couldn't decide on a name from a list we had made so my oldest is the one who actually named his younger brother.
    Now that we are expecting again I believe we are going to come up with a list of acceptable names and let our youngest name his brother or sister since it worked so well the first time!
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 12:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2011