Why do women forget about living healthy after having children?

In our local community we come across a lot of women that simply give up on good health and pass bad habits on to their children. Our group is run by mom's, some with up to eight kids. We are each other's motivation, but we have a hard time motivating others. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Saf C.

Asked by Saf C. at 6:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Health

• NO ADVERTISING!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• To your question, I think it's because they are too tired and some don't find time to work out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Who is to say they lived healthy before having children? That and healthy food costs more and with the economy it's buy what you can...not what you want.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I feel like I'm a bit healthier now that I have kids. :)

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 6:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think the opposite is true

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I don't think that is true. But then,I can only speak for myself and friends and my daughter and daughter in law. We all knew how important it is to take good care of ourselves in order to be abe to take care of our children. I lost weight and contained taking vitamins after having my kids. My friends always did too. we didn't want to look like wrecks either. LOL. To set a good example for kids, you need to look good,feel good and insist that the whole family eat at least three HEALTHy meals every day. We never just slopped around the house in PJ's or sweats and we didn't hang out at the Mall, eating food from the Food Court. LOL. It is easy and responsible to take good care of yourself after havng kids. :-)

kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I think we get so caught up in keeping our heads above water that health falls by the wayside for awhile. Then we remember that it's important because we have no energy and we feel like crap all the time. I've gotten more serious about my health in the last year, particularly since about September, and I've lost 40 lbs so far, and I feel so much better! I'm cutting out refined grains and sugars, and focusing on portion control and small frequent meals. I have a journal about it if you want details on the method (I'm suring Clean Eating). I hope you all reach your goals!!! Good luck!! You can do this!! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:56 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• *using, not suring!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I have lost a lot of weight and we have become healthier because of my sons I was always healthy and then for a couple years i forgot now as I am opening my own company turning forty and have lost over the last six years a lot of weight and have fifty more to go its changed me for the better.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Well I dont teach my kids bad habits. They eat extremely healthy. I just sometimes dont even have time to eat in between taking care of them and getting things clean and done. Life that comes with being pretty much a single mom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2011