Why is it that is seems so much easier to care for your children and keep them presentable, but when it come to caring for yourself you slack off? .....But when you do take the extra five minutes to slap on some makeup or extra ten minutes to attempt something with your hair and put on a cute outfit we feel so good? Why is it that we find it so hard to just do this most of the time?

musicalbeauty

Asked by musicalbeauty at 7:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Though I may put make up on and get my hair high lighted every six weeks I def do less than I did before dd. I was more concious of my weight and appearance. Most of us Mothers just put our own happiness on the back burner. Though we are being selfless we really need to become more selfish and recognize/know that we have needs too and deserve to be as happy as our family. For the new year Im doing my best to be the person I used to be. I dont mean young and naive but the person I was physically. Im still young and no matter the age I/you deserve to feel proud and sexy to be a woman
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I work full time while pregnant, care for my son, dogs, and husband and still find time to care for myself and "doll up". Depends on a persons priorities.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Because 5 minutes is 5 minutes and sometimes finding a few minutes to eat yourself is hard enough.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I do so everyday because my company needs me to look good and to take care of myself to get investors and people to take us serious.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• The only time I didn't try to look good and presentable was if I was really sick. Otherwise,I made sure I always brushed my teeth,washed my face, brushed my hair, put on lipstick and blush and wore clothes that looked nice, just in case I had a friend stop in or had to make a quick run to the store.I made sure my kids looked clean and neat too. There is no reason to look like a mess.I had three kids within 4 years and had no help but I made time for me and my kids.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• I always feel better when I take a few mins to do my hair in something other than a ponytail and put on makeup.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2011